Catholic Charities operates five (5) free medical clinics throughout Hillsborough and Pasco Counties. These clinics are:
– San Jose Mission Free Medical Clinic
– Free Mobile Medical Clinic…..at San Jose Mission
– La Esperanza Free Medical Clinic…..at Our Lady of Guadalupe in Wimauma
– Tampa Bay Downs Free Medical Clinic…..at Westchase in Tampa (November – April only)
– St. Andre Free Medical Clinic…..at Dade City
What we do: we work with volunteer physicians, and other health and social service professionals to provide free medical, health promotion and social services to the rural poor of eastern and southern Hillsborough County and eastern Pasco County. Our clinics operate under the auspices of the State of Florida Department of Health Volunteer Health Care Provider Program targeting low income households in need of health care coverage.
Who we serve: we provide services to low-mid income families (as described above) who reside in East and South Hillsborough County and are unable to receive medical services from other sources. We target persons with household incomes less than 200% of the poverty level and who are without health care coverage.
Our service area includes:
- Dover (San Jose Mission)
- Plant City (St. Clement Catholic Church)
- Wimauma (Our Lady of Guadalupe, Bethel Mission, Good Samaritan Mission)
- Dade City (St. Rita Catholic Church)
- Westchase/Tampa (Tampa Bay Downs)
Our services include:
* Acute primary medical care and follow-up and referral
* Routine well woman exams
* Health promotion and disease prevention
* Health screenings for high blood pressure and diabetes
Services are provided through a mix of the free medical mobile bus that goes directly to the target population and stationary clinics located in areas with dense population in need of care. The
Free Mobile Medical Clinic (Bus Visits) – are scheduled during convenient evening and weekend hours and are located at accessible sites such as churches, community based social service agencies, and day care centers.
Tampa Bay Downs Free Medical Clinic – are provides an annual free health fair for those who work “behind the scenes.” Weekly clinics are offered on Wednesdays, from November through April, when the seasonal race track workers are in residence there.
Two stationary clinics – are available at the San Jose Mission in Dover and at the St. Andre Free Medical Clinic in Dade City (co-located with the Foundations of Life Pregnancy Center).
If you want to help: Medical Professionals are needed to provide acute primary care and well-woman exams. Medical Screeners are needed to assist the medical professionals with patient vitals and information gathering. Individuals able to speak Spanish/English are needed as interpreters.
Contact Us: Sr. Sara Proctor, Program Coordinator
San Jose Mission
3228 San Jose Mission Drive
Dover, FL 33527